How to Drive Donor Engagement with Social Media Storytelling
Social media was once promised as the silver bullet for nonprofits. Start posting, start tweeting, start Instagramming - and like magic, the donations will just roll in! Then reality set in. In our current attention economy, organic (unpaid) reach is down, algorithms prioritize updates from friends and family over businesses and brands, and millions upon millions of pieces of content are uploaded every single day.
For nonprofits to effectively raise money and build community on social media requires thoughtful, strategic, and consistent effort and a boatload of creativity. In this workshop, social media and digital fundraising expert Julia Campbell will walk you through the secrets to successful donor relations with social media.
Participants will learn:
- How to navigate the latest changes and trends in the social media landscape - what fundraisers need to know;
- How to use social media to build and deepen relationships with current donors and prospects;
- How to manage social media work at a small nonprofit with limited capacity;
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital fundraising on a shoestring budget; and
- Real-world examples from small and mid-size nonprofits.
Unable to attend? Register and we'll send you the slides and recording afterwards!
Julia Campbell is on a mission to make the digital world a better place. Through speaking, training, and consulting, she shows social purpose organizations how to use social media and storytelling to build communities, showcase impact, and advance their causes. Julia is the author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, and was recently named one of the top 25 Nonprofit IT Influencers to Follow in 2019 by BizTech Magazine.